Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Our magical weekends

Can’t believe it’s Monday, again. Weekends passed so quickly, but they were so joyful and emotionally saturated. It seems to me that I’m becoming a miracle man! You know why? I’m making dreams come true! Make up a wish and close your eyes. I’ll do my best to fulfill your dream. Joking, of course. However, the idea itself is very interesting. However, I need to master my skills… a bit! Wink.
Ok, to be back to miracles, these weekends I made my son’s dream come true. To begin with, Peng seems to be very connected to nature. He loves animals and he was really crazy when he got to know that we have a golden retriever Elsa at our place. He likes to play with her.
When we were planning our weekends, I mentioned that there is a horse race track just 10 miles away from our place. At this very moment, his eyes enlarged and he asked: There are horses? I said Yes. He started to ask me go there and “to pat a horse”.  Sure, we went there and it was really his dream to come true. He was allowed to come close and to pat a gorgeous silver grey horse named Viking. We were watching it racing and feeding, and brushing. Peng was overwhelmed. He said that he’ll be a horse racer when he grows older. We’ll see.
I hope your weekends were also unforgettable and joyful. Or just enjoyed some peaceful rest. Let’s be back to our adoption overview. I hope my previous posts were informative and useful for you. I’ve already shared my personal point of view as to interracial adoptions. Much depends on where you live and how society will treat your family’s “diversity”. In any case, this is only you to decide. Take all possible options into consideration.
Ok, let’s take that by now you have determined with the country to adopt from, with race, age and gender of a child (optional, of course). Not in every country you may choose a child or even his age or gender. In China, you may choose gender. Males are much quicker and easier to adopt than girls. From my experience, I may say that almost everywhere girls are much more “sought for” than boys. In China, this is especially vital because of specific state policy. If you’re desperate of choosing  a child yourself and you’re about adopting Caucasian, a good option for you is pursuing Ukrainian adoption. it is one of a few countries, where prospective adopter may apply for adopting a particular child/children from an orphanage. One of my friends wanted to adopt two female siblings, Caucasian. At first they were thinking about Russia, but it was impossible because of new Russian adoption policy that prohibits Americans to adopt. I was talking about it in my very first post. They have adopted two siblings girls from Ukraine. As soon as they got to know that adopting siblings in Ukraine is much quicker than one child, they referred to an agency adomir adoption. They came to Ukraine twice and the agency provided them with everything needed: airport pickup, accommodation, interpreter, driver. And the prices were very reasonable. Consultations are provided for free. They took them to three orphanages not far from Kiev, the capital of Ukraine. Our friends met their future achildren and fall in love with them from the first sight. Their agency made everything possible to pursue adoption of these particular children. Hopefully, they did! Now these two gorgeous ladies live in a very big house not far from the ocean shore. I think they didn’t even expected that one day they will have parents and home. And their parents are also extremely happy. And you know what? They are starting a new adoption now!
As for us, at the very first steps of our adoption, we were also consulted by this agency. We were pleasantly surprised that they give free consultations on international adoption. And hopefully, china was on the list. They answered our questions and made our idea of adoption more “earthy”. It seems to me that my wife Liz asked so many questions, no one else has about adoption. They took patience answering All of them. The only thing I would like to anticipate is that they don’t contact you at once. It might take time, because they have a lot of applications. So, this is just for patient people. Smile.
Ok, talking further about patience. Do you already know that adoption itself is all about WAITING? If no, I can tell for sure that you know nothing about adoption. And I’m not mistaken. I know from my personal experience that people who start to ask me about our adoption journey, the very first thing they ask is how long we waited? And this question is very reasonable. Unfortunately, it happens when the prospective parents wait for a match or even for court decision for years! Even 5 years is no wonder.

Well, again some patience needed from you. I have to go now, but I’ll go on in my next blog very soon. Take care

1 comment:

  1. Adoption is my lifelong dream, but I’m very afraid of making a first step. I realize that the process is long and very stressful. Before, I was very afraid that one day I’ll just change my mind and give up. Your blog explains much to me. “One has to be very resolute about adoption in order to get a result”. This is an undeniable truth. I close my eyes and imagine a child somewhere in the world is waiting for me to come and take him home. And nothing else matters

    ReplyDelete